Listen to saraostovars Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 13, 2011


I looove my job. I can't stress it enough. What other job is there where you get to hang out with your girlfriends and play with their hair and get paid for it? Seriously, I leave work in the best mood. Of course I have my days like everyone else but it's mostly just a lot of fun. I really enjoy my time with my clients and I love catching up with them and making them feel great when they leave and knowing that I was a part of it.
Today I got to hang out with Emily (above) I just colored her hair last week and this week I had her come in so I could try out some of the new EVO products on her. She has amazing natural curl, but we blew it out smooth and used a 1/2 inch curling iron curling away from her face all the way around in smaller sections. I used the Love Perpetua Shine drops from EVO
to soften her hair while it was wet and to also give it some shine. After it was all curled and cooled I brushed it out with a wide tooth comb and used EVO Crop Strutters
evo crop strutters construction cream
which i rubbed in the palm of my hands and then raked through the curls. This will give the curl some seperation and hold and give it a piecey sort of wave. I had her flip her head upside down and sprayed EVO Mr. Fantastic texture spray
throughout her hair which gave it a bit more texture. It is amazing after you flip your head back over after you have sprayed Mr. Fantastic through the ends, you have amazing volume and it has a beach like wave.
You can go over the curl with a boar bristle brush if you would rather have a fluffy look, that is one of my favorites. I love the way it looks if you pull your hair up after you have curled it into a high ponytail and brush it out with the boar bristle brush and you have this big fluffy ponytail!


This photo above is a gift from one of my dearest clients Jean. She gave me this today and she is awesome! It is an original KISS notebook! She was/is a huge Kiss fan and has brought me a really awesome Leopard Print Coat, tons of jewelry and she also gave my boyfriend this Ace Frehley Kiss mask that we used in one of the Last of the Leather Age photo shoots (below). Thanks Jean!! I have so much fun on days when she is scheduled for haircuts and she is always my last client so I feel like it is always a really fun ending to the day. It is days like today where I realize how lucky I am to have such a great job and meet such great people!


My favorite KISS song...


I know I have said this before, but I'm going to work on a new playlist for this blog soon! I will also be giving away free mixes this Saturday at the Art Authority, It will be really fun I'm doing an all ladies DJ night and the Bad Lovers are playing, come out and get a mix and dance!


XOXO!


2 comments:

  1. Sara, I have curly hair that I usually straighten and then re-curl to achieve a look similar to the one you created with your friend. I have yet to find a decent product that will hold the re-shaped curls all day! Would you recommend anything for the flat-ironing process, or just a product to keep my natural ringlets in better/more workable shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I looove Evo Casual Act moulding paste. I feel like a paste or a creme works best after you curl the hair because it really keeps the curls together. Kevin Murphy Easy Rider is also a light creme that enhances curl when you run it through your curls. A creme is suuper workable and really light so your curls won't feel stiff, but they will last longer. We sell the easy rider here at Modesty, but I think you have to order Evo through their website, evohairproducts.com because we dont have them at the salon... yet!

    ReplyDelete